Asparagus, Lemon & Mint Soup.
|May 1, 2010||Posted by erikwolfe under Ingredients., Recipes.|
Fresh. Chef Lou Tronolone’s recipe for Asparagus, Lemon & Mint Soup.
Asparagus, Lemon & Mint.
5 pounds asparagus, trimmed, cut into 2 inch pieces
2 large peeled Yukon gold potatoes, diced
3 cups chopped leek
2 cloves chopped garlic
1 large yellow onion, chopped
2 quarts vegetable stock
3 lemons – zest & juice
2 Tbsp Olive oil
2 Tbsp Butter
¾ cup mint, chopped
salt and pepper
1. Heat oil and butter in a large heavy stockpot over medium heat.
2. Once butter has melted add onion & leeks, sauté for 5 minutes or until onions are soft.
3. Add garlic and asparagus, stirring occasionally. Cook for 15 minutes or until asparagus is tender.
4. Add 2 quarts of vegetable stock and diced potatoes. Simmer for 4o minutes or until potatoes are tender.
5. Transfer soup to blender in batches & purée until smooth.
6. Return to soup pot, adding lemon juice, zest, and chopped mint.
7. Season to taste with salt and pepper.